Diners File a Lawsuit After Their Food Was Poisoned With Meth

(NationalUSNews.com) — Customers of a Japanese steakhouse in Florida are suing the business, claiming they ate food poisoned with methamphetamine. Jordan Gray, her husband Brandon, and another customer named Matthew Gilley sued the steakhouse after experiencing bizarre side effects upon leaving the establishment.

After the customers left the Nikki Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi Bar, they began experiencing odd health troubles. The complaint filed against the steakhouse claims that they experienced increased heart rate, severe sweating, dizziness, nausea, an abundance of energy, anxiety, and paranoia. After the symptoms began, the customers visited a local medical center for treatment.

Medical staff tested the customers once they arrived at the Santa Rosa Medical Center. Among the tests conducted was an intoxicant test meant to identify poisons or controlled substances. While at the Santa Rosa Medical Center, Jordan Gray and her husband encountered other customers from the Nikko Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi Bar who were also sick.

After the sick customers reported the incident to local authorities, the Santa Rosa Sheriff’s Office tested the food from the steakhouse. The food tested positive for methamphetamine. Although the food tested positive for the drug, the investigation ended due to a failure to tie anyone to the drugging.

Once the scandal broke, the Nikko Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi Bar closed permanently. The steakhouse owners are now being sued for negligence and strict liability and face damages of upwards of $50,000. The restaurant is denying the allegations from the poisoned customers and seeking to dismiss some of the complaints.

When speaking about the incident, Jordan Gray claimed she was “horrified” when learning about the methamphetamine-contaminated food. Matthew Gilley also spoke about the incident with news outlets and claimed that after the poisoning, he lost weight from not wanting to eat. Gilley also claims he didn’t drink water for days following the incident, and his heart rate reached 200 beats per minute.

Although investigators failed to find evidence tying any steakhouse employee to the poisoning, the lawsuit against the business will likely succeed.

Copyright 2023, NationalUSNews.com